We are accelerating our progress and expanding our positive impact on the world around us.
Committing to new sustainability goals under an integrated framework: Environmental Footprint, Product Blueprint and Social Imprint
- Reduce absolute Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 30%
- Increase renewable energy to 50% of total electricity usage
- Increase operational energy efficiency by 20%
- Reduce waste disposal intensity by 25%
- Implement Sustainability by Design process across the enterprise in 2021
- Establish baseline for “sustainably advantaged products” in 2021 and develop plan for expanding this product portfolio in the future
- Develop consistent process in 2021 for measuring and assessing Scope 3 emissions
- Reduce recordable case rate to 0.8 by 2025
- Reduce ergonomic injuries by implementing two ergonomic interventions per year in each manufacturing site
- Increase women in management roles to 30% by 2025
- Increase under-represented racial/ethnic groups in U.S. management roles to 30% by 2025
- Achieve and improve upon a favorable score on the Sherwin-Williams Inclusion Index, based on results of our annual employee engagement survey
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION
These aspirational goals and targets and other forward-looking statements contained on our website and in our 2020 Sustainability Report are based upon our current expectations and assumptions concerning future events and conditions and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements.
Please see Documents & Downloads for additional important information about these forward-looking statements.